Lux - Sci-fi Anthro Forum RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome all new players! Feel free to start playing. If you see anything odd or out of place please be so kind and inform staff about it.

3 posters

Welcome to LUX-interview, second shift

Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Welcome to LUX-interview, second shift - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to LUX-interview, second shift

Post by Eltharrion 21.01.13 11:50

((And thus ends Lago's session for now. Next up, Kaiden / project Epsilon.))
    Project_Epsilon
    Project_Epsilon

Welcome to LUX-interview, second shift - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to LUX-interview, second shift

Post by Project_Epsilon 27.01.13 18:20

Kaiden walks confidently, taking his stride to walk along the corridor of the Medical Care section of the ship. His boots would click against the floor, as he walked over to the door of where his interview was supposed to be held. He looked at his VeX and nodded gladly to himself, having made it on time. He noticed a strange fox skipping away from the room where his meeting was supposed to be, as it made him stop in his tracks, dumbstruck for a second.

"What the heck..?" He said quietly to himself, as he watched the Fox almost run away. He shook his head briefly and walked right to the room, knocking politely on the open door. He peered in and nodded politely to the man, as he asked.

"Hello, may I come in? I'm here for the interview." He asked, as he took a small step inside of the room, but not enough to be considered inside. He was standing in his official, proud stance, with his hands locked behind his back as he gave him a polite smile. As usually, he was wearing his Hexaqua Kevlar vest, that was given to him as a leaving present from the Police force in Henta, giving him a very "on-the-job" look.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 30.01.13 8:53

"Yah, sure, pop in. I gotta go grab somethin' to drink though. Won't be long, just ya sit down to wait. I'll be back in a two."

With that, Zala walked past Kaiden quite rudely, nearly pushing him out of the way completely in the process. Few steps around the man to get into his dead corner of vision, and Zala Jumped away. He had this nice empty storage corner always ready, and it was next to the break room.
    Few steps, and he was happily pouring himself some hot chocolate from dispenser, whistling happily while doing so. This time's Jump had some more drastic effect on him, it seemed.
    Project_Epsilon
    Project_Epsilon

Post by Project_Epsilon 31.01.13 14:11

Kaiden raised his eyebrows as he is pushed away by the man with a rather big cybernetic arm. This seemed to completely confuse him, as he stood there scratching his head for a moment looking at the man disappear into the break-room. He shrugged, finding the man a little strange to just try and push him out of the way, as he took steps inside of the office. He would have a look around, having a look at any possible certificates that may be hung on the wall as well as a place to sit. He took a seat on one of the sofas and tried to relax a little, checking his VeX in an idle manner, he waited patiently for the interviewer to return.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 10.02.13 8:59

With grabbing his drink and deciding to grab another one for his interviewee, Zala took a sharp turn, made sure no one was around, and Jumped.
    He landed back into space-time reality right behind the sofa Kaiden was sitting on. Without any warning really, he reached out with the warm cup in his hand and placed it on top of Kaiden's head. He didn't let go of it, though, and the cup had a top on it to avoid any spills, so no danger on that part, but still...

"It's good to see you've made yourself comfortable. Now, are we ready for these few interesting questions here? Or do you want me to leave you for few more moments to calm your mind? We're not in a rush of any kind."

Zala's voice was completely different from a moment ago. Instead of the bit rudish darker tone, it sounded more like a ring of a silver church bell. Clear, soft but still strong voice filled with calm and compassion.
    Project_Epsilon
    Project_Epsilon

Post by Project_Epsilon 14.02.13 16:10

Kaiden was getting rather comfortable on the sofa, as he seemed to lean back against the pillowed seat of the couch while waiting for the interviewer to arrive. In his head he was replaying a song and thinking idly about a few things, mostly his new apartment he will be living in.

Suddenly however, a certain warm object was placed directly -on his head- as he immediately seemed to roll off the couch in a soldier like manner. A reflex action that resulted in him landing on his knees in front of the couch and rather quickly drawing his SP32d gun, which was cocked and ready to blow Zala away.

The sights of the gun were locked onto him for a few good moments, before Kaiden began to lower it and try to understand what actually happened. "Are you out of your mind? I could have incapacitated you!" He said, asking the interviewer a question, looking at him and his cups of hot chocolate.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 14.02.13 22:24

Zala let out a weak sigh, clearly not even really caring about the gun that was pointed at him, and walked around the couch to place Kaiden's cup on the table.

"Yare yare, sadly I must say sir R'vani that you're not the first of the security to take such sudden hostile actions toward me. And only because you hear a sound behind you or something touches you. I'm actually starting to have doubts on the accepting criteria on this ship."

Zala let out a weak, bit sad smile with his talking, and sat down to the warm seat Kaiden had just left for him. Had to still punish him for taking out a gun in a place lie this, he thought. With another deep sigh, Zala took a sip out of his cup.

"But nothing we can change on short-term here, now is there? Please, sit down. And drink your chocolate if you like while it's still hot."
    Project_Epsilon
    Project_Epsilon

Post by Project_Epsilon 25.02.13 6:58

Kaiden looked at him strangely, as he then narrowed his eyes. He had no respect towards him, and he could feel it, the mocking coming from his tone and words. If it wasn't for the fact he was responsible for his interview, he would have told him what he thought of his strange ways and patronizing behavior.

Actually, I don't care. He thought, as he placed his sonic weapon back into its sheath and faced him directly. He himself had some Psychological training back on Henta, since he has dealt with a few murder cases in his time, which definitely gave him a sharp edge against his new "opponent".

"There is a reason for that. I have dealt with cases that would make most people gag or hide in the corner of their mind, in my time on Henta. I have seen it all, and your little display of a superiority complex does not impress me." He said, as his eyes narrowed swiftly, but his tail did not swish from side to side.

"Now let's be professionals about this, 'sir'." He finished, mocking him back as he took a seat on the other sofa with a rather serious look on his face. He seemed rather annoyed that he had to go and tell the man off, since he expected the whole interview to be much less of a stand-off and more of a friendly chat.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 25.02.13 7:17

"So have dozens of other seen something like that. Lived through that. And most others don't really act on trigger finger like you do, sadly."

At this point, Zala touched slightly the metallic side of his face absent-mindedly. For a few moments, his eyes seemed to gaze far away over the ship and into emptiness, but that lasted only for a moment. Then he straightened up and turned his gaze back to R'vani.
    "But as you wish, let us keep personal judgement bit further away form this session."

Zala's voice was calm, but still you could hear the apologizing tone from it. He had not meant to sound superior in his previous statement, just feeling bad on thinking how many other people on this ship were as triggered as R'vani here was.

"So, if I may ask, please tell me sir R'vani: How did you find out about this project, and what might have guided your thought of joining this long expedition?"
    Project_Epsilon
    Project_Epsilon

Post by Project_Epsilon 25.02.13 7:33

Kaiden still narrowed his eyes a little, as he answered the strange Psychologist, while straightening out his shirt a little. "I have heard about it on the news, and I decided to have a closer look. It turned out you people needed more security officers, and the pay was more than adequate, so I decided to join the cause." He said, as he stated his basic reasons for joining.

"I also needed a break from my homeland." He added, but he did not give much of a detail about that, preferring to keep the reason a secret. He didn't seem nervous, as he just sat there answering questions and leaning back slightly.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 25.02.13 7:47

Zala's expression lightened up a bit while he opened his holo-notebook from his arm and immediately started writing things down.

"Ah, that is understandable. I also felt that I needed to leave my home at some point to learn more abut life. Hopefully your break turns out to be a good one."

Few more notes on the subject, and Zala lowered his giant arm down to his lap. He nodded affirmingly to himself, and gave out a nice, warm and happy smile to R'vani.
    It was time for him to make a comeback from this slightly awkward situation they had got themselves into.

"Though, I'm sure you can enjoy this expedition like it is."
    Project_Epsilon
    Project_Epsilon

Post by Project_Epsilon 06.03.13 7:03

Kaiden nodded a little, his face still slightly tensed up from annoyance, as he gave out a calmer answer.

"The voyage so far is doing alright, so far I only managed to move into my new cabin. That's... about it." He said, giving out a small sigh, which suggested that there might have been some sort of issue to do with that.

"Other than that, the ship looks clean, well organized and the people seem... friendly enough." He said, chuckling a little to himself.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 06.03.13 9:14

"Aa-a, we truly are very similar. Truth to be told, I've been working in this office from start of the journey in three shifts, just barely getting enough time to sleep and eat so that I can actually enjoy the food."

Zala gave out a shrug as he spoke. It was weak, almost feeble shrug, like saying 'well, can't help it anymore, can I?'.

Another sip from his cup, a long enjoyable gulp and sigh of joy, followed by next wave of questions.

"If I may ask, when you say 'friendly', are you referring to all other passengers in general, or is there someone special you think about with that statement?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 21:46