Lux - Sci-fi Anthro Forum RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome all new players! Feel free to start playing. If you see anything odd or out of place please be so kind and inform staff about it.

+2
Ginka
Eltharrion
6 posters

Welcome to LUX-interview

DieSonnenkind
    DieSonnenkind

Welcome to LUX-interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to LUX-interview

Post by DieSonnenkind 09.01.13 5:18

Mishka scratched behind his ears, he'd known it would be a long trip but decades? He didn't remember the woman he spoke to about signing up mentioning that. His face lost the bubbly smile he normally had and his face went serious.

"Well I suppose the experience will be a lot more than I thought it'd be but to be honest that's my main goal. I came up in a pretty rich area of Wera, but there's so much corruption in the lower classes; I know I'm just one guy but I feel like if I had the knowledge to reform at least one small sect of a planet, then I could work my way to teaching others to do the same for generations. I want people to be able to live in a way that at least resembles how I was able to live and not have to fend for themselves or fight kids to get what they need." Mishka sighed at his memories of being in the Wera ghetto for the short time he was before hearing of Lux, he thought this trip could help him save people but it was still such a distant dream.

Smiling again, Mishka looked back to Zala, "Oh excuse me, that was another rambling."
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 09.01.13 11:23

"No no, it's good. You speaking your heart's content is way better for me to understands you than following these systematic questions.
    Though, I do in fact get what you're talking about. I was born in a middle-class Weran family, you see. So, let's hope you can do what you plan to do after the half a year or maybe two years when LUX returns for supplies. Who knows, we might be away only for few months. But I'd still expect you to stay onboard longer than that."

Zala was clearly smiling, almost grinning widely. This Mishka had pulled up the sort of ideals that he didn't really expect on this ship. Oh, the joy the joy, the joy! Another excellent person to keep eye on during this trip!

Though, Zala quickly returned to more modest interest-face and kept on writing down things on his notes. They were almost gibberish, true, but he had all the time after this session to clean them up.

"Anyway, let's not fall too far away from the main point, shall we? Next I'd like to ask you how have you got along the ship and it's things? Found cabin nice, had things to do, possibly met some interesting company to take with you somewhere?"

The last statement was followed with a bit teasing wink. Another clear joke, maybe a bit teasing one, but still a joke.
    DieSonnenkind
    DieSonnenkind

Post by DieSonnenkind 09.01.13 11:42

Mishka perked up at the thought of returning and hopefully setting some structure in stone for his fellow Werans, a year from now would be more than enough time to start on his training. Daydreams ran through his head for a time until he snapped himself back to the conversation. Grinning widely he replied, "Oh of course I'd stay on board, though I'm sure while the ship resupplies I'd have enough time to fix a problem or two."

His curly tail thumping against the couch and his thoughts still partially in his fantasy world, Mishka tried his best to keep listening to Zala.

"Ah, the ship is wonderful so far, I already made friends with a goat named Izek, we're meeting back up at the gym later tonight. He's a really good guy~ As for my cabin, it's a nice place, has all the things I need for sleep and such but I don't plan to be in it too much with all the other things there are to do on board. I also haven't found out who any of my roommates are supposed to be but I'm sure I'll be meeting them soon."

Mishka took a moment to realize the implications of the wink Zala had given him, to which he blushed furiously, "Oh no, I haven't met any of the ladies on board just yet but I'm not really looking for that kind of company for right now." A small laugh escaped his throat as he tried to dissolve his moment of embarrassment.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 09.01.13 11:49

"Ah, so your clearly happy tail-wag wasn't caused by you daydreaming about some dreamy lady out there who you could invite over to a candle dinner at some fancy restaurant? I could give you a hint for that, know this really good spot two floors up.
    Oh well, continuing on. While not looking for company like that, what are you expecting from LUX and this trip? Aside from your obvious will of training to bring more stability to Wera, that is."

While talking, Zala suddenly lifted the blanket of from his legs, folded it up nicely next to him and stood up. His feet were bit hot right now, and he wanted to walk a bit to cool them off. Even if walking normally doesn't help, he really believed it would.

Last edited by Eltharrion on 09.01.13 12:01; edited 1 time in total
    DieSonnenkind
    DieSonnenkind

Post by DieSonnenkind 09.01.13 11:59

The foxes implications received a hearty laugh from Mishka, "Maybe when I find a little lady I'll take you up on that offer." But to the next question, Mishka really had to think about the right answer.

"Well, my main goal aside, I suppose I am looking for company, but in a more platonic way. I've always liked to surround myself with friends but because of my parents money and status in our sect of Wera, most of my 'friends' weren't exactly true friends I suppose you could say. Plus I just needed to find my own way really, as much as I liked aspects of my life on Wera, it didn't really feel like I truly belonged with all of the money and hoity-toity-ness. I like getting my hands dirty and doing real work, being a desk jockey or CEO just doesn't fit my style. You know?"

When Zala suddenly stood, Mishka's head cocked to the side. This guy was a bit of an odd one, but he seemed genuine in his questions and responses so he couldn't be too bad of a guy, right?
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 09.01.13 12:21

Zala stood up straight and started slowly walking, first behind the couch and the continuing in a wide ellipse. All the time writing more notes on his holographic notebook and keeping other eye locked at Mishka. This time, though, he switched eyes, so the implant kept on turning to Mishka.

"I know what you mean. I went from studying at local academy into moving to Illis to study people around there. You haven't happened to see my book in the stores? I wrote my doctor grade about differences in Weran and Illian pshyches and styles of life. It got quite popular actually, I heard they're still selling it around."
    DieSonnenkind
    DieSonnenkind

Post by DieSonnenkind 09.01.13 12:26

Mishka constantly turned his head to keep up with Zalakar, this guy was truely an odd duck. Well, not exactly a duck since he's a fox but it's still kinda odd. Then a light bulb clicked on in Mishka's head.

"I thought your name sounded familiar! My dad had a copy of your book in his library. I don't know if he ever actually read it though, his library was more of a show piece than anything else. You must be very accomplished to be a published writer."
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 09.01.13 12:34

"Oh, he actually has a copy? Surprise. Though, unless you're into psychology that book doesn't really have much interesting things in it. I mean, it was my doctorship release.
    And for your knowledge, you're talking to THE Torranei, one of the top five sociologists of last century. I was even invited to the great project Transport on Vulquwera, but there I-"

Even Zala's current mindstate registered he had spoken a tad too much, and stopped for a second in his tracks. Only to continue as his speech started to flow out once more.

"...I'm sorry, just some rambling on my part this time. Anyway, shall we move on with the interview?"
    DieSonnenkind
    DieSonnenkind

Post by DieSonnenkind 09.01.13 12:50

"Well, like I said, my dad pretty much just had books to show he had money, I don't think he ever truly read any of the books he owned." To the rest of what Zala said, Mishka listened intently, he'd never met someone of such a great intellectual stature and was enthralled. But when the last bit was cut short, his ears dropped a little, "Oh no it's perfectly fine, it must have been exciting to be part of such a project."

Mishka shifted in his seat, raising one of his unclothed feet to the opposing knee to relax a little more. The look on his face almost begged Zala to go on with what he'd previously been saying but he knew it was unlikely with how abruptly he'd stopped in the first place.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 09.01.13 12:56

"Been. Yeah, been.
    So, up for the next question now, though instead of a question, you will have free moment to tell me if there's something you wish to ask, maybe some things on your mind, want to talk, maybe reserve a time for later session?"

Zala had stopped walking and was now leaning against the back of couch, other hand resting on it while the other kept on writing notes. His face was static, but still warm, just wanting to go over the thing. It was a fake face, sure, but Zala didn't want to show his insecurity about memories of the past to this guy.
    DieSonnenkind
    DieSonnenkind

Post by DieSonnenkind 11.01.13 17:48

Mishka brought a finger to his mouth and tapped at his lips absentmindedly as he thoroughly thought about Zala's last question.

"I am really curious to here more about your project on Vulquwera but I suppose that could be for another time, I'm sure I've taken up enough of your as it is."

He smiled up at the fox in a very genuine nature as his tail gently patted the couch behind him. As curious as he was, it seemed a little invasive of him to ask something that was blatantly very personal to Zala, but who knew? Maybe they could talk another time and he'd get to here all about it! At least that's what he hoped for.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 12.01.13 11:58

"Well then, I quess this means our time's up. Remember, you can call me anytime or leave a message to get time appointment to me if you wish to talk. After all, it's my job to listen."

With that, Zala closed his notepad and waved his hand a bit toward the door, as a notification that the session was over.
    DieSonnenkind
    DieSonnenkind

Post by DieSonnenkind 12.01.13 16:57

"Well thank you Zala, I'll defintiely be in touch." Mishka flashed a brilliant smile at the doctor At least I think he's a doctor, I'm sure he has a PhD somewhere. Rising from his seat, Mishka walked out of the door and gave Zala a small nod.

He'd definitely be in touch, the fox was far to interesting of a person to be ignored.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 12.01.13 17:32

((And thus ends the session.
    Next in turn is Harpsong/Kerrfi, so be happy, and jump around here once you have the time and possibilities to do it.))
    Harpsong
    Harpsong

Post by Harpsong 16.01.13 13:30

Stepping inside, Kerrfi gives the room a summary glance, taking in the details, before her eyes finally meet Zalakar.

"Can I sit here?" she asks in her typically nasal voice, gesturing to one of the sofas. With that much nose its hard not to sound nasal. She was wearing her standard outfit, complete with the recently sprayed-on logos.

One side of her belt had a length of looped cables hanging from it, and her thumb was hooked into the other in her usual posture. She wasn't aggressive, certainly, but she had her eyes narrowed and analytical for the moment, not ready to explode into a cheerful greeting just yet. "Kerrfi, by the way, Kerrfi Rhodes"
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 17.01.13 7:14

"...Huh? Ah yes, yes you can."

Zala had been so absorbed into reading an old-school paperback mystery novel he had just found that he didn't even realize someone was inside. Though, with his answer he put the book back onto his table and rose up to meet this new lady's gaze with the never-blinking stare of his mechanical eye.

"Zalakar Torranei, at your service. Pleased to meet you, really. It's been quite long since I met anyone from Illis, truth to be told, and the planet always fascinated me during my studies there."
    Harpsong
    Harpsong

Post by Harpsong 17.01.13 9:44

Kerrfi pulls a warm smile, finally, as her decidedly... ample rump sinks into the sofa, and she gets comfortable, ears tilting a small measure to face the man as she speaks to him, one arm lazily rested in her lap as the other sprawls out across the top of the furniture, as if putting her arm around an imaginary figure's shoulders.
    She seemed comfortable with his bizarre implants and augmentations, although she herself possessed none... even her auto-translator was attached to her ear, not implanted into it.

"Oh, so you've read about me? Hate to disappoint you, but I'm not your typical Illis citizen."
    She leans forwards just a little, eyes intently looking at his... at least, the one eye that could still reliably be called his. "Now I'm curious... how much information do you know about me already? I got nothing to hide, I just... want to know where to begin."
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 17.01.13 9:59

"Well, technically I know everything you've told upon arriving on LUX, plus your records of studies and where you have lived. That, combined with logical thinking, tells me a lot more than one could believe.
    You lived on Illis, yet seem to have avoided any work in deeper oceans and your translator device doesn't seem to be designed for long underwater periods. This points that you have something in there that you don't like or fear.
    No visible reaction to these drastic implants of mine points that you have most probably seen some already in your time, and as your employment doesn't really include installing these we can think that you've lived nearby a hospital, one of your closer relatives is a doctor or implant builder, you've studied with someone who has even scarier face or that you have very interesting hobby of horror movies.
    There's a lot more that is easy to figure out from all of this info, but sadly I must stop here. Otherwise we'd be here until tomorrow, and while you are rather charming person I still think our time tables don't really allow such luxury."

While talking, Zala had managed to rise up, walk around his table and behind the other sofa, from where he sat down on the back of it, partially turning over to look at Kerrfi over his shoulder. His ears had twisted around toward her more, and eyes were scanning her silently. Whether it was for Zala to wait for her reaction, or because he just generally thought her interesting in all aspects, was rather hard to say.
    Harpsong
    Harpsong

Post by Harpsong 17.01.13 14:20

Kerrfi seems... pretty surprised by his long delving into her, and perhaps having to bite back a small measure of offense at the notion that he could read her so easily...
    He's just being pretentious... showing off. Bravado. Don't let it get to you.

"I'm... glad you're so interested in me... not all of that is right, but most of it is..." she pulls a grin, trying to wash away her hard feelings with a little humor "As for your implants, sure, they're gruesome, and why you got an arm ten sizes too big beats me, but its not something I'm afraid of..." she goes on to the point of her home-world, and averts her eyes "What I -am- afraid of... well... lets hope it never becomes relevant."

Kerrfi doesn't move much from her seated position, but turns to face him, and gestures vaguely and inoffensively "Sufficed to say, I didn't live on Illis because I wanted to... I was born there, and I wouldn't trade my childhood for that of anyone else, but I don't wear skin-suits, I don't talk like sonar system, and don't even get me started on the politics... anyway, what do you want to know?"
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 18.01.13 23:52

"Ah, true, we're here for a reason aren't we?
    For starters, I must inform you that you don't have to answer anything you don't want to. Just that I truly wish you'd either answer truthfully or don't answer at all. Having lies in middle of this interview would really kick its meaning in the shins."

That, and I'd probably see through most of your lies, but better not mention that line...

"So, for the first question, I'd like to ask how you found out about LUX here?"
    Harpsong
    Harpsong

Post by Harpsong 19.01.13 7:09

She relaxes a little at the change in tone, patting her large stomach as she thinks back. "I heard about LUX in a few different ways before I decided to join in, but I think the -very- first thing I saw was your media advert on the Network."

She gestures vaguely with a hand, rolling it in the air, with one of her small ears flicking "You know, the short one, with the... thingy..." Kerrfi then interjects before he can respond, trying not to make it seem too rude "Do you mind if I ask a question?"
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 19.01.13 7:46

Zala's face lifted up a bit. One could say the question coming back startled him a bit, but his static metal side of face covered it up rather nicely.

"Um, you just did, but go on ahead and ask another one. We're here to learn things, and that can be mutual. Besides, I'd gladly answer anything I really can."
    Harpsong
    Harpsong

Post by Harpsong 19.01.13 11:38

This time, its a smirk that Kerrfi manages to suppress. Oh, that one caught him off guard... the scores are even. She gets relaxed, very briefly rubbing the bridge of her short trunk, before asking.

"Was the crew of LUX recruited with species equality in mind? I haven't been here very long, and don't mistake my intentions, I'm not filing a complaint, it doesn't bother me... but so far I haven't seen anybody who isn't Canine or Feline about... they must at least have a majority."
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 19.01.13 12:26

"Um, no. At least what I collect. They simply picked up the most suitable people to work on the ship, as well as those who could withstand the long travel in space. Though, canine and feline are most common on all planets by my experience, so that might explain their higher numbers."

Zala was scraching behind his ear bit awkwardly while answering the question. Truth to be told, he had no idea about the recruiting process, but he couldn't show it off up here. It would eat away his credibility.

"Anyway, shall we move on with the interview? Next up would be; why did you choose to board on LUX?"

Question came out fast as Zala was trying to get himself out of the uncomfortable situation and back into area where he could control the situation more.
    Harpsong
    Harpsong

Post by Harpsong 19.01.13 13:06

Rather than pressing home her advantage, Kerrfi simply remains silent a little longer than normal, as if to let Zalakar know that she's not to be trifled with, or over-analyzed, for that matter. Eventually, though, she does reply.

"LUX seemed like a great opportunity... There was little I could do with myself on Illis, but its not like I had much scope of other places to relocate to... I'm not fond of... deep jungles, or acid rain... so space travel seemed like the best option." She adds, with a warm smile this time. "And who doesn't want to be at the fore of something like this? Imagine if we discovered a new world, or encountered alien life that nobody had ever seen before! The idea of a First Encounter seems exciting, doesn't it?" She's clearly not lying, given how far she's lifted out of her seat, with that adventurous gleam in her eye.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.04.24 9:23