Lux - Sci-fi Anthro Forum RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome all new players! Feel free to start playing. If you see anything odd or out of place please be so kind and inform staff about it.

2 posters

Doctor's call (Okello & Zalakar)

Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Doctor's call (Okello & Zalakar) Empty Doctor's call (Okello & Zalakar)

Post by Eltharrion 06.01.13 12:29

Place: Zalakar's office.
    Characters: Okello & Zalakar.

Another break for Zalakar. With a good line of interviews taken care of, he could sit down and just relax for few moments. With little of stretching, he reached out to his brand-new hot chocolate dispenser, placed a cup under it and pressed the button.
    Nothing happened.
    He pressed again, this time mildly annoyed. Nothing happened yet more. Few more presses and a lot of annoyance later he realized the thing was broken.

So, only thing he could do was to call to fixing center and ask them to send somebody over to this thing.
    With long face, Zala picked the number up and opened the line.
    "Hi, Zalakar Torranei here from the medical bay on the fifteenth floor. Yeah, that place. I'd like to make a request of a repairsman popping up at some point. My hot chocolate dispenser is not working at all and I'd like to have someone with actual training over things like this to help on it."
    Django
    Django

Doctor's call (Okello & Zalakar) Empty Re: Doctor's call (Okello & Zalakar)

Post by Django 06.01.13 13:09

Okello was just finished checking on air duck, when a call on his radio called out to him. "Okello here." the gorilla said into his mike, while screwing the last of the screws back into place "Yah. I was just finishing up. Nothing too big. Coffee maker huh, I'll be up there in fifteen."

Around ten minutes after the call went out for the busted coffee maker. The gorilla man, dressed in a blue mechanic jump suit and carrying a black tool box, walked in into medical bay. "Hello? I'm here for a coffee machine."
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 07.01.13 8:15

Zala had been walking around in circles at the med bay's front lobby, nearly freaking out patients and making even the reseptionist worry.
    He couldn't help it, his mind was nearly cracking for not having his break-time drink, and it had only been few minutes. The effect was even increased by his current mindstate, but due to frustration he didn't even realize he could just Jump and end it.

Until the biggest mechanic Zala had seen in years stepped in.
    "Ah great you're here! No time no time, this way please. Time is the essence, at least for my nerves."

Without even checking if the gorilla realized it, Zala was waving his giant arm implant as to follow him, walked on fast pace to a hallway and opened his door, waving more and more to get the mechanic get in.
    Django
    Django

Post by Django 08.01.13 12:21

Okello wasn't too surprised at the foxes reaction and hurry. Some people like their coffee and others really like their coffee. The gorilla liked coffee, but didn't need it as much as some people like their cigarettes.

"Yes sir." Okello said as he followed and noticed just how big his claw are. Holy shit. On entering the staff room, the mechanic made his way to the large coffee maker. It wasn't just a simple coffee maker either, it was one of the vending machine types. So if it needed to get to the shop, he'll haul it down.

Pulling it out from the wall, the mechanic checked to make sure it was plugged in. Good it was. "I can call down somebody and set you up a coffee machine doc. I'm going to have to open it." Okello said as he unlocked the machine and opened it.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 08.01.13 12:32

"Coffee? I don't touch that stuff that often. I'm more of my hot mint chocolate! A break doesn't feel like a break without it. And I don't know that many machines on this whole ship that can dispense that stuff."

Zala was waving around slightly, trying to get a really good look on all the mechanic was doing. Which caused him to look like a ten-year old peeping over his big brother's shoulder for a comic book.
    What can be said, Zala really likes his drinks.

"Oh, and it's not really a doc. Just a councelor-psychiatrist."
    Django
    Django

Post by Django 09.01.13 15:52

"I forget how well equipped the Lux was." Okello replied to Zala telling him he was a councelor-psychiatrist. "Most other ships, I've been on don't usually spend the money on such personal."

Opening a plastic cover uncovered various colorful wires that criss crossed and a row of blue and red chips was laid out in front of him. It was the guts of the machine. Taking a look at the chips, Okello pulled them out one by, by one. Finding two of them where burnt out. That was probably the problem but what caused it? Power surge possibly.

"Heres the problem. Some of the chips have burnt out." He said as he replaced them with some spare ones in his tool box. "Try it now." Okello said as he closed up the coffee machine.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 10.01.13 11:09

"Well, I'm mostly here to allow people to talk about any worries they have. It's going to be a long long road after all. But thanks for fixing it."

Just as the machine's front closed, Zala's finger was already on the button. He was clearly fighting against the urge of pressing the button like crazy, though his nearly agonizing face turned into bliss as low humming informed that machine had started brewing the new cup of hot mint chocolate.

"Oh, thank you thank you thank YOU! You have no idea how much you did just there, really, you saved my life! Aah~ the sweet aroma of chocolate..."

As first drops started to fall from the machine, Zala was almost glowing and just barely staying on the floor and not floating into the ceiling in pure bliss.
    Django
    Django

Post by Django 12.01.13 0:06

"You know, that shouldn't surprise me. The military ships I've worked on always had staff like that on hand. But most of the other ship I've worked on neglected " He said as he rearranged his tool box back in order and snapped it shut. "It was my pleasure Dr..?" He recalled he didn't catch his name.

(If you tell him your name. I'll fix this coming part if you don't)

"Good to meet you. The name is Okello, geranial maintenance and land ships greaser." The gorilla said as he got himself a coffee from the machine. Straight black, no cream or sweetener of any kind. Just the way he liked it.
    Eltharrion
    Eltharrion

Post by Eltharrion 12.01.13 11:08

Zala was gulping his drink down with long blissful sips, followed by a sigh of relief.

"-Bwaah! That hit the spot... Yeah, nice to meetcha. Say, I have a feeling we're going to meet some time soon in other ways too. But for now, I have a feeling I shouldn't keep you from your jobs at this poinr. Plus my breaks's almost over."

With that, Zala bowed down a little and walked backwards out of the break room with his over-sized cup of hot chocolate just under his nose, face turned into a smile of joy.
    And thus, he walked away without ever telling his name, or even really understanding what just happened in the end. He was too deep in his enjoy of drinking.
    Django
    Django

Post by Django 14.01.13 12:26

Okello was scratching trying to make out the psychiatrist, and was coming up with zilch. Maybe caffeine did strange things to some people. "Ugh yeah, see you around." He almost didn't see the point of saying it, the fox seemed not to be all there. Sighing to himself, "I should call it in." He put his mouth up to his mike, "Base this is Okello. I finished with the coffee machine, it looks like there was a power surge and burnt some of the insides... Yah I'll check it out. Out"

Before leaving, Okello got himself one of those paper cups and got himself a coffee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18.04.24 20:00